Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Like An Addict" North East Kingdom #1 from thom parsons on Vimeo.

You Wanna Look Pretty Though, In My Video

(Is the title I would have used for this post if I hadn't already used it for some other semi-pointless past-post.)

Late, emergency edit: I have fallen into THIRD PLACE in the Breck Epic blogger grant poll. And while the thought of getting out of, whatever the hell it is, 40,000 feet of climbing in six days, is somewhat appealing, I still want to win this thing. So go over to the facebooks, you don't need to share any more information with big brother than you already have by signing up for the facebooks to begin with, and vote for Thom "Rocky Donizetti" Parsons. It's as easy as clicking the little button dealy next to my name. The poll ends tomorrow, do it...do it. And thanks.

Oops, I did it again. I done spent all my bloggin' time video editin'. I have to practice though, for possible future endeavors, and besides, I'm kind of addicted. I've got another one on the way right behind this one with all the crazy weather stuff that happened day two up in the kingdom. The song "10 A.M. Automatic" by The Black Keys was stuck in my head all day long on Friday. I was growling it under my breath as I rode. I was even growling it under my breath as I set up my tent that evening. "You're a dork," Whittinghammer sang, right in rhythm with my muted growling. The above video sums up the vibe of the day, all the flow and all the fastness. Having my internal soundtrack go external made me super-stoked, hopefully that comes across for you all.

The weather in the Kingdom definitely put the new Stylus-I'm not exactly sure how-tough 6000 to the test. It's alleged to be shock proof and waterproof, which is a good thing, because it was both dropped and doused with water more than once during the trip. I even washed some grit off the thing in a stream. But all was not 100% awesome. At the end of the day it got stuck in "P Mode" and refused to scroll through any of the menu functions from the camera settings. I could still take photos in one mode and I could still take video, but to take more than one video, I had to turn the camera off and then on again. Not convenient...and fascinating. Sanidas has had the same camera for over a year and he's had zero problems. I'm just a frickin' destroyer I guess.

Good news is, when I went into The Shop on Monday, I hit the camera with some compressed air and BAM! It was working again. Amazing. I might just be a little bit more careful with it in the future. The photos are not up to the level of my old Canon Elphs, but the video is decent. I did the Big Ring Rumpus post-race interviews on it:

Cycling Videos on CyclingDirt

It was a good thing it was waterproof for those.

And speaking of cyclingdirt, I'm heading up to the EFTA Pinnacle race on Sunday and I'll be "covering it" for cyclingdirt. Sadly for Rooter and K-Sweet, my helmet cam will be facing forward, not backward, so the only hope they'll have of making the web-pages of cyclingdirt will be if I lap them. Although I bet I can get them to give me a couple killer pre/post race interviews during the car ride home (if they don't boot me out of the car somewhere along 89 first). I suppose I'll have to figure out how to bleep out f-bombs before I air those things.

Falling asleep at the wheel here, be back tomorrow sometime.

No comments: