Wednesday, January 07, 2009

You Wanna Look Pretty Though in My Video

It didn't end up taking me weeks or months to learn how to edit video...just weeks...and yes, maybe I didn't really "learn to edit video". I did learn how to take a 45 minute, incredibly boring , unwatchable helmet cam video of my commute, hack it into little rough edged bits, throw them haphazardly into a time line along with an audio track, and make it at least 12% less boring and unwatchable. Hey, it's a start god damnit.

Admittedly it is still pretty frickin' boring. Most of the excitement comes at the 2:10 mark. If you don't particularly care for me personally, my obnoxious antics, or my questionable sense of humor you might find that portion rather enjoyable.

The song is good anyway.

7 comments:

Colin R said...

WHERE'S THE SLO-MO REPLAAY??!

Big Bikes said...

Ha! I tried several time to figure that out, ended up getting sidetracked adding the tire screech/horse whinny sound effect. Next time.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you made sure the camera was alright first and foremost. I will now call you Lucas Brunelle Jr.

Todd said...

I can't believe you didn't hit the Alewife bank for me. I mean... you were right there. Probably could have cut a perfect transition in that heavy, crusty snow and gotten 6 or 8 feet up that thing, at least. I'm so very disappointed.

Bullitt said...

Nice vid but I am SO glad the ice age is over for me.

ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ said...

Yeah, I do not miss that weather...

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Cut around every traffic light, satisfy crash urge cruising an icebank and then finish with your bucket off while truck looms. Masterful. Brilliant cinematography and enticingly controversial work there director. Almost matches my face plant at Otis on the Hero replay from Saturday. Sweet. Encore?