Monday, January 12, 2009


Video Killed (or at the very least maimed) The Guy Who Used to Update His Trog More Often

I'm editing video when I should be thinking up things that I think are funny and writing them in this space. My video is going to suck too, it's not like I'm out there doing this, I'm commuting in the snow. My grandmother and three people will either be impressed or completely terrified or just think I'm an idiot.

But wait! Don't walk away yet, I have something to tell you. I went out to ride my bike Sunday night. I went up and tried to ride in the woods...it didn't work, the snow was too deep. I turned around and wound up riding around the Mystic Lakes on a plowed path. For some reason they run a Bobcat plow up them sums-a-bitches. It was great, more like Crosscountry skiing or yogging, due to the sustained moderate effort and mild discomfort.

The path was basically glare ice with a couple inches of semi-packed snow on it. Fine if you kept up your cadence and rode smooth as Barry White's silk pajamas, but if you got choppy or dug in on a turn you would lay it down, and how. Which was fine, there was soft snow to either side...and the occasional tree or guardrail.


In my desperate scramble to get out the door I ended up throwing a 36 X 22 gear on the Ferrous, it looked ridiculous. It felt ridiculous too on the road. Once in the snow it was just fine.

I would talk about how I went to the Gym for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE last night, but there is only so much excitement to go around these days due to "The Interesting Crap Happening in My Life Recession" so I'll have to save that fascinating story for another day.

6 comments:

ElZo said...

Go up Minuteman Trail to Spy pond, and ride around on the frozen and snow-covered surface. I tried it yesterday. It's fun. Don't try to turn hard if you want to stay upright, though.

Bullitt said...

...or you could come to North Cakalacky to ride for a reprieve from your year of icy contempt.

I'll tell Master Plaster about the 29rrr advice but he's just going to set up his NEVIL hard tail yakno.

Oh and as far a meat goes; that crazy f.er is on a 80% veggie raw diet. Crazy I sez. His new rapper name is "80% RAW" yo.

Bullitt said...

...Oh and I road that same rat. at the SWANK yo. Solidarity!

Todd said...

ummm... If weB LOG = "blog", then wouldn't traininG LOG = "glog", instead of "trog"? Just sayin'

Big Bikes said...

if you wanna get technical about it...

dur

ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ said...

TD is nothing if not technical...