Friday, January 23, 2009


Base for Your Face

I neglected to get an "After" photo. The shot above was taken before the ride today which is far from how I looked when I returned. I was all smiles. It was a beautiful day, temps at around 30°, I did one of my medium length loops out to Carlsisle and Westford. When you get out that far from the city you can truly relax, just let the music move your legs like Jennifer Beals (or her body double) in the "Maniac" video and let your eyes wander across the scenery.



The tires on my road bikes get pumped up once every couple weeks. Oft times in the winter when I go to pump them up I find I've been running a very supple and forgiving 65 PSI. I prefer to run a meager 90 PSI, running 120 + PSI is for Triathletes. Crashing my bike on wet, sandy roads is not an inherent part of road riding for me.

Early Grey Tea with tons of honey. It worked alright for Joe Calzaghe.
The water in my bottle was frozen an hour in, but my tea was still lukewarm.


I'm finding the new Fixed Trainer to be more comfortable and stable than its predecessor. I was only mildly terrified when spinning Easter Bunny knows what cadence at 35MPH down the rollers out on 225.

A few of the roads out that way could only be traveled by one car at a time. Feeling angst free (for a change) and magnanimous I would pull off to the side and let cars pass rather than block them.

I suppose I could branch out and explore some other areas, I always seem to gravitate toward Concord, it's so lovely though.

When I walked in the door after the ride there was a lanky-ass Vampire standing in my dining room wearing about fifteen pounds of winter cycling clothing. Acting on shear instinct, I staked him with a broken off stool leg and he burst into dust, leaving nothing but a large pile of clothing.

2 comments:

Todd said...

"When I walked in the door after the ride there was a lanky-ass Vampire standing in my dining room wearing about fifteen pounds of winter cycling clothing. Acting on shear instinct, I staked him with a broken off stool leg and he burst into dust, leaving nothing but a large pile of clothing."

I miss Buffy.

Luke S said...

Damn right Concord rocks.