Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Give Up And I Give You This


I think I've figured it out...

I've gone into a form of seasonal depression which has been exacerbated by my failure to attend SSWC10 in New Zealand. I know there was some talk way back in February of my attendance at the event. Feeble attempts were made to raise funds...none of it amounted to much, and my delusion that I could work some of my new-found "media-cred" into a free pass to New Zealand did not pan out in any way. Then it got all kind of quiet on the subject around here. Reality set in a while ago, I knew I wasn't going and I came to grim acceptance of that fact. It's not like I was suffering in the getting to go cool places and do cool shit department, what, with Breck and High Cascades, and Pisgah...Lumberjack even. SSWC10NZ just didn't make it into the budget. It shouldn't feel bad though: neither did health insurance, dental work, or eating vegetables regularly. (State of Massachusetts, if you are reading this, that part about the health insurance was totally a JOKE. Now don't fine me because I can't afford to pay for health insurance.)

What does the above photo have to do with any of this? Absolutely nothing. It's from my Granoge trip. Rosey and I had to share a leaking aero bed, during the night it deflated and I rolled onto the floor. Instead of waking up everyone in the house, including the baby, by re-inflating it; I opted to sleep on a small couch which was small and hard as a bus station bench. It was incredibly restful. Especially when I got my legs jammed under the arm rest — nothing like waking up to the feeling of two of your limbs being trapped by an unknown assailant, however inanimate he may be.

So I'm not entertaining today, but you know who is? Chandler Delinks. I just happened upon his blog last night. Of course it took me a while to figure who exactly I was reading, so I could tell you definitively who the CycloWhat? blog belongs to. I found his "Shut Up Milne" post particularly funny. The dude does not hold back, he makes me look like a nice guy, a guy who doesn't take nearly enough of a piss out of his friends, friends like Rooter. Delinks interview, via Gmail Chat, with Rooter is hilarious. I will try to be more entertaining tomorrow, in the meantime you should go check out Chandler's site.

Bye!

2 comments:

Booksy said...

maybe if you hadn't sold your soul for gears, the free ride to SSWC10 would have materialized. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Big Bikes said...

Aw man...that's how it is? Damn.

I'm relapsing next year, falling off the geared wagon, we'll see what happens with Ireland.

-t