This won't be one of my typical posts, it'll be more like a tweet, or a facebook status update or even a, a...blog post.
Help me think this through. SSUSA is February 6th in Tuscon, Arizona, I don't have the time or money to go, but I still really, really want to go.
Things I have going for me (which are nice):
- It's winter at the bike shop, so getting a weekend off is not a problem.
- I have a bunch of Delta dollars I earned by volunteering to get bumped off a flight. They expire soon and this may be my last chance to use them. So my flight will be "free."
- That's about it.
Things I don't have going for me (which are NOT nice):
- I have been in school and have not really been working, so I am pretty broke.
- I will be in school on the Friday preceding and the Monday following so it'll be tight.
- The airline ticket might be "free" but taking my bike on the plane will not be (see #1).
- I may not even be able to get in (which might actually fall into the "things I have going for me (which are nice) column, because it will save me from myself.
Perhaps (in my imagination) some magazine will offer to buy my EXCLUSIVE SSUSA STORY which will motivate me to pull the trigger and get my ticket to Tuscon.
Oh ya, and can I race SSUSA on gears?