Thursday, June 18, 2009


Dead

Not too many words to go with the pretty picture above (which is by far the best part of this post). Began the path to to recovery today. Saw Sara Bresnick-Zocchi of Pedal Power Coaching this afternoon. She worked with me for over two hours trying to figure out why I am a pretzel of a man who pedals a bicycle like a crippled fiddler crab. She scrutinized my entire body, trying to get to the bottom of the twisted mystery that it is. In the end my cleat position was changed, the lift in my left shoe was gone, my saddle was leveled, a huge muscular strength discrepancy was discovered, and I was given a list of exercises for my core and glutes. She is a bicycle fitter with a background in Physical Therapy. She's sees the whole picture. I'm confident that I'm going to see changes soon. For the better.

I will leave you with one last, un-bike related thought. Then I really must sleep.



Glen Beck. He can't be for real. Stephen Colbert takes the piss out of him regularly. Most people realize that Colbert is a put on. Like most people know that Sacha Baron Cohen is a put on. What if Glen Beck is really getting over on all of us, including Colbert? He is out Colberting Colbert. If he is, it would be a grand stunt, more along the lines of Andy Kaufman's work. No one will ever know how much of Kaufman's stuff was a put on. What was reality and what was staged for effect. Maybe Beck will go to his grave never letting on that his whole shtick was a big gag all along.

I really hope it's an act anyway, and that his fans, who are by all appearances drooling imbeciles (like John Voight, who was probably never that bright to begin with but has now gone senile as well) are actually much smarter than I am and are all in on the joke.

Far less frightening than the truth.

I may have slept three hours last night if I was lucky. It doesn't feel like I was lucky. I have a sinking suspicion that this post will make no sense at all when I wake up tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up from this "Glen Beck is real" nightmare though, that would be awesome.

2 comments:

zencycle said...

"What if Glen Beck is really getting over on all of us"

It's called Poe's Law:

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing"

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Poe%27s_Law

Raineman said...

+1 on Beck.

I stopped watching TV in Feb 2008. It's amazing how people behave when drawn into a fear laden frenzy. I highly recommend it.