Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dover Wednesday Evening TT, or "You Want The Race of Truth? You Can't Handle The Race of Truth!"

The first wednesday of every one of the moderately tolerable months is the Dover Wednesday Evening Bicycle Time Trial. I've been doing this thing for a few years now, it's a sort of fitness check for me and a great mid-week workout. I prefer this course to the uber-popular Charlie Baker Concord TT. Think Nascar Vs. Formula One only with Charlie Baker you just have to turn right not left. Screaming through the rollers on Farm Rd. at 40mph is always a blast. It's free and the guys that put it on keep accurate results dating back to 1996, complete with temperature, wind activity, and your average speed, that's a pretty good deal.

I posted my second best time, hopefully as the season progresses I'll be able to knock myself off the podium a couple times. I don't do Aero-anything, it's not about setting the absolute best time, it's about learning to ride the bike I ride the most faster and getting faster on the mountain bike. I encourage anyone to come check this thing out , it's all about the fun and the suffering.


No comments: