Monday, September 22, 2008



Winding Down & Just Riding Around

It's that time of the season. Schedules and workouts have gone out the window. More pizza and Fish and Chips are being eaten, and more beer is being imbibed. There's one more to go, The VT50 this sunday. I just have to hold it together for a little bit longer, then it's a serious month long break with a trip to Vermont's North East Kingdom planned, big group rides, and epic-commuting. And of course lots of eating and probably some drinking.


When will someone develop a Gyroscopic coffee tray? I tried riding the quarter mile over bumpy roads to the shop holding the tray Waiter style. My Large ice coffee ejected. It was then run over for good measure. Faced with the option of walking or stabilizing the coffees with my hand as it was scalded by the frothy spray all the way to the shop, I took option B. The result was messy and burny.


MIT built this pile of rocks in the middle of The Fells to study "Geodesy" (see the image below if you care to know). I had the afternoon off after working Hub on Wheels. I had a truck, a bike, and a whole lot of time to kill. I thought "Hey, maybe I should go check out some place new, or at least drive the twenty minutes up to Harold Parker". In the end I chose to cut the drive out of the equation and go ride in my backyard, The Fells.

I rode with no sense of direction for a couple hours. Checking out sections of the mostly unrideable Rock Circuit Trail. Some of it was rideable, if you don't mind hiking a bit and your idea of fun is something like downhill trials.

The Singleator was still acting up. Hoping I can pull the rigid Ferrous together for the weekend.

Another motivating factor for keeping it local was the idea of hitting The Diesel Cafe for a super-awesome PB & J and an iced coffee after the ride. Food...it's why I ride.


This afternoon I had a massage with Tiffany Mann. She is the best. I spend weeks screwing up my body and she gets me sorted out in an hour and a half. She's taking clients, her email is tmanngirl (at) gmail.com. She works out of Brookline and Cambridge.

3 comments:

rick is! said...

shit, tiffany has her own wikipedia page? how do I get me one of those? I probaby have to get an interesting life first.

jeff said...

skip the crowds of the kingdom trails and head here to the valley.

Bullitt said...

Food is why I ride too.
Altough I think that it means somethhing different with me. I think b/c the food comes first, then I feel I have to ride.