Sunday, September 28, 2008


Vermont 50 Recap

I am just way the hell too knackered right now to write a proper report, which must mean I raced my bike correctly.

The short of it is this:

Jeff Whittingham took the win, he is the freakin' man, and I am so proud I could crap my pants!
Two time defending champ Will Letendre settled for a hard-fought second place. Tyler Merritt snatched up third place in the closing meters. Some guy who's name I don't yet know took fourth. I took fifth, coming in with every appendage spasming and cramping. John Foley probably would have caught me, but he got lost. Alec Petro from Team Psycho made my life hell for much of the race and I believe ended up top ten overall in his first attempt at this event, not too bad. Chris Gagnon put in a good ride but may have been disqualified for using an ipod which is the VT 50 equivalent of doping. Apparently the Devil's music provides unfair motivation for riders.

Trek Pro Lea Davison took the win in the women's field, coming in like 31st overall (wouldn't it be funny if Cyclingnews reports went like this). This after she placed second at the Verge Cyclocross Series opener the day before.

There's a lot more to babble about, check back soon.

5 comments:

rick is! said...

AWESOME! nice job.

Bullitt said...

Congrats.

JB said...

nice.

Colin R said...

YOU DID TERRIBLY AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ said...

What Colin said. 5th. Pshaw.