Thursday, June 26, 2008


Le Burrito...Le

On the way home the other night I stopped at Chipotle in Davis Square for a quick meal. I was in my full cycling get up which prompted the manager to inform me about the upcoming Tour De France "Le Burrito" promotion. Similar to Taco Bell's ill-fated "El Foie Gras Gordita" in it's fusion of French and Mexican cuisine (Yes, technically I should have made fun of an imaginary promotion by a French-themed fast food chain here, but I couldn't think of one for some reason). Speaking of Taco Bell, I came upon this Greg Lemond Taco Bell Ad while "researching" this piece. Anyway, the manager's information on the featured Burrito was kind of spotty, he touted that it would contain "everything a rider needs nutritionally during a stage of The Tour De France". Interesting, in that case I can only surmise that it must contain between six and eight THOUSAND calories. Picco De Testosterone-O included, Guaca-EPO-a-mole fifty cents extra.

4 comments:

Colin R said...

he touted that it would contain "everything a rider needs nutritionally during a stage of The Tour De France"

So basically, it's just their regular burrito.

gewilli said...

hey - all that sodium... say goooood BYE to the cramps! Whooo hooo

(assuming you can actually drink enough water not to be dehydrated by that much)

mmmm

giant burritos...

matt said...

watching lemond shoulder that bike reminds me it is three short months until cross season

JB said...

that picture of Vandevelde reminds me of the airport scene in Spinal Täp!