Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Drop Dead Legs by Eddie Vein-Halen

The shots below should have gone with the previous post. The shots above are from my trip down for a check up with Orthopedic Cycle fit Guru Bill Peterson of We Do Feet in Middletown Rhode Island. He comes up from Tucson a few times a year to get freaks like me all sorted out. I'd been to see him in January and the improvements in my riding since then have been significant. When I had questions about whether my left leg was working at 100% (it's always been a wonky slacker compared to my right) I emailed him for a touch up on my fit. After less than an hour he had me feeling a whole lot better on the bike. If you have orthopedic issues and have experienced the "Am I talking to a stoned cat" feeling of trying to explain your problems to a normal Orthopod just bag it and go talk to Bill, he is the man. He even stretched my new Shimano M225's so they're all wide like the M225-E's...bonus.

Team Mechanics. "Dealing well with the 100° heat". Pollen count 8 Gazillion and rising.

Been getting a lot of comments lately about the veininess of my legs. "Hey Thom, get some more veins in your legs", "Jesus, that thing looks like a Rollo", "You're so Veiny, you probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you" etc. Ya, I guess they are kinda weird and veiny, they look like sort of like Marty Nothstein's...wrists.

No comments: