Thursday, August 21, 2008



SSWC08 Part Two Course Pre-Ride
Skyline Park Napa, CA


Our only goal for the day was to pre-ride the SSWC course. We sort of accomplished this. We started things out back at Mojo, got myself an iced coffee with a double shot and we were on our way up to Napa to check out Skyline Park.
I had fragments of information about the course, so the ride we put together was only a partial representation of what’s in store. It was more about getting our California legs under us. This is a very different type of riding than we’re used to back east. The speed and the pitch of the trails is what determines it’s technical difficulty. We liked what we saw, can’t wait to see the whole thing Saturday before the race.
Gearing is still a question I have yet to answer. I came with one set of tires and what set of legs so I’m stuck with those, hope they work for me. I’m tired and I can’t think of anything obnoxious to say so I’ll let the pictures and videos speak for me.
We’re heading up to the Annadel in the AM for a group ride and a Sycip tour,
I hear this is THE place to ride. Kinda excited about it.

Crap, we should be up THERE. How the hell do we get up there?

Oh yes, like Christopher you will be Walken.

Pete hitting the wall. Good thing he can steer a bike better than his feet.

Port after dinner. Now that's some good training.

Miriam cleaned this. She thinks she can't ride a bike. That's funny.


She didn't clean this, but I bet she will during the race. Oh ya.


On the way home I got thirsty. I kept whining about it, looking for a place to stop. There were no places to stop in-between Vallejo and 101 0n 37. Eventually we located a water source. We're wicked smart.

Eat my dust! This riderless shot was entirely intentional. Watch out Chris Milliman.

I'm not going to eat for two days before the race and for the entire day of the race. Who needs 5 hour energy when you can have 80 HOURS of ENERGY (the spray)? Soon the government will need to regulate to what extent stupid people can be taken advantage of by product manufacturers. Not before I produce a spray that makes you smarter...but only for six hours at time. I'd produce a penis enlargement spray and a hair growth spray but stupid people aren't very strong readers. They might mix them up and end up with huge heads and really hairy penises.


Can't top that last one but this is my really high-tech box of Single-Speedy essentials and some other assorted crap.

Them that are some pointy rocks. Got Stan's?


We want to be on that bridge. It is in our rear view mirror.This is not working.


I don't go around Boston taking photos of traffic, maybe I should start.


The unveiling of The PVD "28er" at the Fairfax Farmer's Market. Kind of like Interbike for people who don't care about bikes and personal hygiene.


This is either a really strange looking cat or a perfectly normal looking mutated monkey.


Yes, I like eating next to a small dog lapping whip cream loudly out of a it's owner's hand. Don't you? Somehow the stuff ended up all over the floor. Absolutely astonishing.

The rental car agency "upgraded" us to a big, dumb, white SUV. Now I know what it feels like to be a total douche bag on the road. Every dickhead move you make is amplified ten fold.


Below, a couple videos of some techy sections of the course:



3 comments:

Georges Rouan said...

Good Luck and try and checkout some of the illicit singletrack (tenderfoot in Mill Valley) in Marin and it might make you wonder how mountain bikes got "invented" in Nor Cal...No substitute for East Coast rocks, roots and moist soil.

B said...

Where are my 9speed spacers ..... oh there they are in Cali with Thom.

Walkin says "if you take it , you must replace it"

B said...

Where are my 9speed spacers ..... oh there they are in Cali with Thom.

Walkin says "if you take it , you must replace it"